Online Privacy Practices
Your right to privacy is very important to all of the brands and businesses within our group. Geekopolis.co.uk wish to ensure we strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and you obtaining full value from the internet and other products and services we may be able to offer you.
Trading from our web site
Making sure you can buy safely on line is a priority for us and we have made strenuous efforts to ensure that store security is one of our highest priorities and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that our online security measures help to safeguard your information.
We hope that once you understand the measures we take to help ensure secure transactions and privacy, and the steps you can take yourself, you will be as happy about the safety of your online transaction and order information as we are. We have no desire to infringe your privacy while using our site and we will never provide your personal information to anyone else except if we sell our business in whole or in part.
We do not keep any financial records or information from customers on file. nor will we disclose or share your personal, order or financial details with anyone else unless obliged to by law.
All communications between visitors, Geekopolis.co.uk and it’s employees will remain confidential.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our website contains links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Geekopolis.co.uk. Geekopolis.co.uk has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Geekopolis.co.uk shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party web sites or services that you visit.
Cookies and Monitoring
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data
- To see our most popular sources of business
On Geekopolis.co.uk we keep track of cart data using WooCommerce, who make use of 3 cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
Cookies are also stored via our Amazon affiliate partner, Woozone, Google Analytics and Amazon. These may be stored for up to 90 days.
How To Manage Cookies
You can enable or disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to accept or reject cookies as required. How to do this will depend on the browser you use. We have provided further information below on how to check which browser you use and how to manage cookies. Please bear in mind that if cookies are not enabled on your computer, your activities will be restricted to browsing this website and you will not be able to add products to your shopping bag and buy them.
Checking which browser you use
If you are using a PC– go to ‘Help’ and select the ‘About’ option
If you are using a Mac– click on the Apple menu within the browser and select the ‘About’ option
Once you know which browser you are using, follow the instructions below to check if you have cookies enabled on your computer:
Checking cookies – PC
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Go to ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window. Select ‘Internet options’. Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below to enable cookies
- Go to ‘Tools’ and select ‘Options’
- Click ‘Under the Hood’ and select the ‘Content settings’ button within the ‘Privacy’ section
- Click ‘Allow local data to be set’
- Go to ‘Tools’ and select ‘Options’
- Click the ‘Privacy’ icon
- Click on ‘Cookies’ and choose ‘allow sites to set cookies’
Checking cookies – Mac OS
- Click ‘Safari’ and select ‘Preferences’
- Click ‘Security’ the ‘Accept cookies’
- Click ‘Firefox’ and select ‘Preferences’
- Find ‘Cookies’ under ‘Privacy & Security’
- Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
- Click ‘Explorer’ and select ‘Preferences’
- Find ‘Cookies’ under ‘Receiving Files’
- Select ‘Never Ask’
- Click ‘Menu’ and select ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Preferences’ and then ‘Advanced’
- Select ‘Accept cookies’
Customer Privacy rights
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to any personal data which we may hold or process about you.